The first and most difficult to answer: What am I going to do about this blog?
I am not sure yet. I don't really want to mommy blog. Mostly I am concerned and confused as regards what I should do for Bub's privacy. It is probably fine if I blog about her as a baby, but as a teenager? Perhaps not so much. And when does it stop? When she is two? Four? Starts school? How do you know? I don't mind airing my thoughts to the world, but I don't want to expose her. I am having similar thoughts regarding facebook. I have been posting heaps of pictures of her for my family back home, but I don't want to continue to do that. So I am thinking about these issues and trying to come up with something.
I still want to blog, but I am not sure what I want to blog about. Or where I want to blog.
I have some thoughts about starting a fitness blog, and trying to whip my ass into shape. It would certainly help me be accountable, but I doubt anyone would want to read it. But maybe that isn't the point. And it will be a new blog, because this blog had a different purpose. Which sort of leads into the next difficult question.
Will we try for another Bubs?
Of course this is something on my mind, and something that I have been waffling on. Immediately after Bubs arrived, I thought hell no! I can not do this again! I was terrified of labor, terrified of a c-section, which of course is ridiculous since I had JUST HAD a c-section! Now I am thinking perhaps Bubs needs a little brother or sister.
Medical advice ranges from "wait 18 months before trying" to "wait one year and get a consult first" to "oh, you can wait 6 months". This from doctors and midwives. Fun stuff. Reasons for a longer wait are to avoid the small chance of uterine rupture from c-section scar and reduce the already increased risk of a repeat pre-eclampsia pregnancy (my odds of this are about 25%). Reasons for the shorter wait?? No idea. I think that doctor was a bit nutty. And in a subsequent pregnancy I will get the low does aspirin and calcium supplements, which should halve my 25% chance.
Regardless, Irish twins are out of the question. I am on the mini-pill to prevent this. Unfortunately, I can't remember to take the bloody thing, which I need to do at the same time every day. I can't take the combined pill without risking my milk supply. So we need to be careful.
All that, of course, supposing I can get pregnant again. But thing is, I think I can. The question is just will it stick or end in miscarriage. And is the Moose wanting to add to the family. I think he is torn. Pre-eclampsia scared the shit out of him, and he really, really doesn't want to go through with that again. But I think he would like another. But in time. But not too long, because he is getting older. As am I. If we try again, I will be advanced maternal age.
So...I think in time, if we decide to try again, I will return to this blog for that purpose.
This isn't a goodbye to Tiggy's Den. Not yet. I still have some things I want to blog about, I think. And I am still going to keep reading the blogs I follow regardless. When I decide what I want to do, I will write a post about it. But for now, I think my posts will be few and far between. But I will still be reading, and commenting and lurking!