Tuesday 15 September 2015

Coming Soon...

So I have decided to do a fitness blog.  It won't be here, as I want a clean slate, but I will provide a link when I eventually get around to creating the page.  Hopefully soon. 

I need to do this because I am really struggling with my weight.  Breastfeeding is not a magical diet for me, it seems.  I am up 6kg from my pregnancy weight.  I look more pregnant now than I did when I was pregnant!!  And I want to eat all the things, especially the chocolate things.  Self control is not strong at the moment.  Blogging will help keep me accountable, I hope.  

So my goal is to have a page created and a first post written by the end of the week.  I just need to figure out a plan that will work for me and my dieting beliefs (which are basically that diets don't work). 

And Bubs is 4 months old today!!!  My goal for her is to force her to do more tummy time (oh the screams and the tears I have to look forward to here!!), and start using the cloth nappies more.  But the good news is I have got her sleeping longer!  Earlier to bed, later to rise!!  But she sounds like she is waking up now, which will coincide with laundry in the wash finishing up and brownies needing to come out of the oven (yeah, yeah, I know, brownies are not healthy...I told you I have a problem with the chocolate!).

4 comments:

  1. Go Bubs! Wow, four months already. Good luck with the fitness. It can be hard to change habits and set goals when you are so preoccupied with a little one, but everybody starts somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It is hard to get things done with a little one and I have to prioritize between work stuff, housework stuff, or working out during what little me time I get during the day! And then there is the black hole that is the interwebs...but I am getting better at just switching that off.

      Delete
  2. Let me pop this kid out and then I'll join you on your fitness journey. My goal is to lose as much of the preggo weight as possible the first six months out. My therapist thinks I'm setting myself up for failure but I know me, and the longer I fart around the harder it's going to be. We can be fitness buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! I would love a fitness buddy! I understand the not farting about business (I am the same) but try not to put too much pressure on yourself early on...but I think you have a good idea with "as much as possible" vs "all" or some set amount. It allows you to be flexible, which I think makes it realistic and therefore failure less likely.

      Delete