Tuesday 2 December 2014

Dreaming...

I have always had vivid (and sometimes strange) dreams.  And recurring dreams.  In fact, I will dream nearly the same dream every night, with some sort of theme.  I often dream of water (the beach, massive waves in the ocean, fishing, watching fish, travelling down a river or over bridges), of hiking, of work (ugh), and in the past few months, of shopping centres (sometimes I am shopping, sometimes just travelling from place to place or looking to meet someone somewhere).  Some of the most annoying dreams I have had involve really really needing to pee, but not being able to find a toilet with adequate privacy that is actually clean!  Seriously, the worst public loo is nothing to some of the ones in my nightmares!  And I have nearly the same dream over and over and over with slight variations.

But these pregnancy dreams are beyond strange.  They aren't recurring like my usual dreams, and they are quite detailed down to (gasp) logical conversations that I can remember upon waking.  In general, the dreams are completely random.  I've been dreaming of going to a hockey game (ice hockey of course).  I've had a scary Doctor Who type dream (sadly David Tennant was missing...in fact, I don't think the Doctor was there, but plenty of scary aliens were!).  Last night I was taking the cats for a walk through the woods (with Cleo running ahead with her tail stick straight in the air as she does), when a bear crossed our paths (but didn't seem to see us).  And the strangest one so far...I dreamt not that I was being chased by a serial killer, but that I was a serial killer (I'm not, promise) and that I was interrupted destroying evidence by my coworkers.  The details of these are very clear when I wake up, but by the end of the day it gets a bit foggy.

I've only dreamt twice of the baby.  Once that it was the due date, but the bubs wasn't coming and we were waiting and waiting.  The other time was about buying clothes but not knowing the sex of the baby, and all the clothes were either blue or pink and I wanted green or something more gender neutral!

Dreaming aside, sleeping is now just about my favourite thing to do.  Sadly I haven't been able to devote as much time to this new hobby, but since I am meeting the midwife tomorrow morning, I decided to take the morning off so I could have a nice sleep-in!  I am ridiculously excited about this (the sleep in).  In fact, if I go to sleep now, I could get about 11 hours, minus at least 3 trips to the bathroom, one fuzzy alarm clock name Cleo wanting cuddles, and one Moose who must get up early.  I had been getting about 7 hours of sleep, but I am making more of an effort to go to bed early (I have to be up at 5am every day).    I don't nap very well (I get insanely grumpy when I am woken up), and lately I haven't had time to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment