Yesterday was spent working with a combined crew of people, most of whom I would never choose to associate with. My co-workers are ok people, generally speaking, but oh my god...all that frustration and grump I felt towards them when I was working with them 5 months ago?? Still here. The same conversations. No person on the planet can do any job as well as this team can and the other teams just bollocks stuff up, the client is wrong about how something should be done, oh, and my personal pet-peeve conversation: Muslims are the source of all the world's evil (this is not explicitly said, but rather implied by banging on about anything negative that comes up in the news every single day of the week). Followed by complaints of "do-gooders" and "PC gone wild". Arg. And non-stop talk about minutia (they once spent half a day talking about different types of wood and the various building applications of it, not because their hobbies are carpentry or anything, but because two of them were building houses...Half a day...about wood...).
- Best part of the day: Conversation with M (the insensitive miscarriage girl) in which M complained of another crew doing something wrong, and I replied "oh, the same thing was done at vineyard x" knowing full well that it had been her crew that had done it!!
- Plan for dealing with Big Ginge, as formulated when trying desperately to get back to sleep for a few hours before the alarm: place a bowl with a small amount of food in the shower (he will find it), stay awake waiting for him to come, beat Cleo to him, lock him in the shower and turn it on (with strings attached to the tap...gotta remember to attach them earlier), and drench the bugger. I will have to open the door to turn the shower off, which will drench me and let a soaked angry MASSIVE tom cat free into the laundry, but I should be able to chase him out the window then spend at least half an hour cleaning up the mess. Or I will lock the cat flap and pin him with the broom and dump water on him. Simpler, but could end even worse when Cleo joins the fray.
- Typically the Moose likes morning bonks (on weekends, at 8 or 9 am), and I hate them with a passion. I am not human in the morning. I need to brush my teeth and be awake at least a few hours first. So...naturally I will remind him of this every time he cuddles close on a weekend to try his luck.
- The big boss, who I need to talk to, was in one of the vineyards I was at this morning, clearly to make his bees angry since I was going to have to get a bit closer to the hives. He didn't stop to talk, and I didn't bother to chase him down, and best of all the bees were still dozy. But I did think briefly about asking him if he was keeping busy as a bee, or if he had heard the buzz, and those corny lines cheered me up where stomping on mushrooms failed.
- I don't mean to sound like it is one group of people and they are all bad drivers. That is not true. Bad drivers come from all over the world. Lately it has been European backpackers and old people who don't know how to drive and seem out to do me in. In this region, especially in the summer, it really is a problem. There is no bright side to this perennial grump of mine.
- There is no positive spin for this. The Bush Pig is the world's biggest bully.
- On the bright side, the Moose and I have Monday off!! It is Scan Day, and if this little bubs isn't too modest, we might find out if it is a boy or a girl! And even if we don't find out, at least we get a peek at what it is up to. Hopefully all goes well and everything appears healthy!