Friday 31 October 2014

Dazed and Confused

Yesterday I had a stupid day.  At various times throughout the day I couldn't figure out what time it was (as in "have we already had lunch?" -we hadn't).  Or what day it was (turns out it was Thursday not Friday).  Or what I was doing, or which vineyard I was doing it in.  It wasn't all the time, but it was a bit more frequent than usual.  Yes, I often walk into a room and forget what I went in there for, but it isn't common for me to repeat that five times in a row before I figure it out or give up. 

Today...well...today was a Friday for sure.  We are shoot thinning at work (in the vineyards), which is pretty much just popping off some of the new growth so that the vines have a manageable amount of fruit on shoots well-spaced to prevent disease.  It is a bit more complicated than that, but I generally find it easy.  Not today.  Today it was cock-up after cock-up.  I needed to keep four shoots in the head of the vine (which is sort of the middle of it), and I would look at the four, count five, take one off, and end up with three.  And it happened a few times.  And I am supposed to be helping others and checking their work.  But I can't even get it right today.  My brain is fried. 

I am exhausted.  My allergies are on a serious rampage.  Between the sneezing, the runny and stuffy nose, and the watery eyes, I am rather miserable.  I haven't renewed my allergy med prescription because I don't want to dry up what little CM I manage to produce (seriously, all that EWCM is up my nose...I already told the Moose I think we might be doing this wrong, but I don't want to end up with large nostrils...I think I scared him with that).
 
So.  6dpo.  Way too early for any of my "symptoms" to mean anything.  My stupid brain is easily explained by work, the exhaustion as well (with the added allergies).  I don't have any real positive feelings about this cycle.  But I will no doubt be peeing on all the things by 10dpo.  Ah well.  Let the insanity begin.  But maybe tomorrow...I am so tired I think I had best get to bed before I forget and end up staying up way too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment